Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

The Very Hungry Catepillars

Holy cow! Would you look at this? I have never seen so many catepillars together in one spot in my life. I sure hope these little boogers are good for my garden, whatever they grow into I'm going to have a bazillion of them!



This tree must be especially sweet, each branch is crawling with these catepillars. I have tons of other trees exactly like this one in my yard without a trace of them on it. You can see a bunch in three different areas of this picture. Let me assure you there were loads of others too. Is this tree just the best hangout or something?

I thought about cropping it to give you a closer look at the bugs, but I wanted to show you all of the empty stems as well as the throngs of catepillars on the other leaves. Maybe I'm a bit unsuccessful at that attempt???

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, they are really hungry and ugly! How big is your tree? Are those army worms? Yikes!

Gail said...

I clicked and the photo enlarged...plenty big!
What are you doing to
get rid of the caterpillars?

Gail

Anonymous said...

There is always something crunching on my stuff. I wish you the very best cinj!!Hugs and I'm so thankful to have you as a friend. My front page on my site is open for comment. It will eventually--become an introduction page. You can always reach me through it.

My blog is going from an open comment blog--to closed documetation format. I've got to get busy telling all my family stories and I just can't keep up with all my blog reading and do that too.

Hugs to you and thanks so much for everything---we'll still be in touch--and I'll drop by occasionally. You are still up on my blogroll. You can even click on my list of music to see what I'm listening to.

tina said...

Yuck! Does look like the tree is yummy. Probably a wild cherry or birch.

garden girl said...

Wow! that's a lotta caterpillars. Hopefully they plan to turn into some kind of pretty moth or butterfly.

Unknown said...

Kathi- It's a tree just a little taller than 5 feet tall. They sure are ugly, aren't they?

Gail- I haven't done anything yet. The birds must be doing a good job of picking them off though, not too many left.

Anna- I don't mind as long as they don't eat the trees I bought and planted too terribly much. I mean every one needs something to eat, so as long as it doesn't hurt the tree....

I'm going to miss out little chats. Keep in touch, okay? Have fun with your family researching and story telling.

Tina- I'm guessing it's a birch or maybe aspen??? They sure are munching it up like crazy.

Linda- Ooh! Butterflies of moths would be absolutely fabulous. I sure hope so, since ugly catepillars usually make up for it when they become the most beautiful butterflies.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Those kind of remind me of the Columbine Sawfly larva that munch on my Columbines every year. I put on my garden gloves & squish them. Too bad that won't work with a tree. Maybe a highpowered spray would dislodge the little buggers.