Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Diving for Cover

Holy cow, those bluebirds are really becoming overprotective of their nest. Or maybe it's their helpers. Whoever it was refused to allow me to clean the birdbath OR add fresh water to it. I couldn't take care of my flowers either today.

I mean, I can see trying to protect the nest when someone is showing interest in it. When you're just minding your own business, it's just plain crazy.



Granted the birdbath IS extrememly near to the nest. I had my back to the nest with scrub brush in hand. Do you see that little plaster thing hanging from the tree directly above the birdbath? THAT'S where they built the nest. See what I mean? It is a bit close, so I'm trying not to be too annoyed at being kicked out of my garden. I'll be fine as long as none of the flowers die.

I sure hope the water doesn't get too horribly bad before the babies leave the nest. I suppose it will end up being any day now. It's supposed to be about 20 days from the time they hatch until they fledge, isn't it?


Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

6 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

That is close...lol I guess they wanted to make sure they were close to the water source(-: How cute!!!! Stand a ways a way and water maybe?

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Get a helmet and get out there! I need to see more evidence of those babies :)...LOL, I can picture you with a helmet and your handy camera!

Anonymous said...

Alfred Hitchcock's Birds are after Cinj---run for you life. I know you have enjoyed them but now it's time for them to go.

Unknown said...

Cindee- That will help me keep the plants watered, but not the bird bath. I feel bad when I add water to it from a distance because the water splashes up at the birdhouse. You can't see it, but there's a suet feeder right next to the birdhouse too.

Kathi- Come on over and be my guest! LOL. They have about 5 days left until they fledge according to my calculations. Plenty of time for a quick road trip, right???

Anna- Yup. I've been steering as clear as possible for the last few days. Luckily it's raining so I don't have to worry about watering the plants today. If I stay on the sidewalk they don't act too incredibly crazy, so that's the plan if I do have to water anything.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there ~ they'll be gone soon and you can have your own garden back!

Unknown said...

Hi Kathleen! They sure are pretty birds though. Peanut checked in on them today while I watched for swooping parents. They didn't bother her though. She says they're looking good. I can see movement from the driveway now. I don't know how they can stand being so crowded together in there. A couple more days. I hope that they wait to fly off until I'm watching with my camera!