Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Garden Whimsy

Why do you put statues in your garden? If I were to make a guess, I'd say most people buy statues because they think they are beautiful or artistic or connect with them in some way.

I got mine because they were cute. Well, truth be told, the price was right too. I used to sell Home and Garden Party, so I accumulated many of them to display at parties. They were just so darned cute I couldn't bear to part with them once the pieces were discontinued. Some of my favorites are the angels, but I will post them another day. Today Debbi wants whimsical. Here are a few of my favorites!



Any gal just has to adore a good planter. I don't have anything planted in here right now because there are no drain holes and I don't want to break it. The plants I had in here were over watered by Peanut, my overzealous garden assistant. Ooops!



I have quite a collection of feeder type statuary too. I think this one is cute. It's called it takes two. I just love the cats trying to work together to get a lunch. Somehow I think the bird will see them before it becomes lunch though. I probably should have discarded this piece since the top got a hole in it from our contractor's reroofing job a couple of years ago. I'll fill it with cement or something someday to fix it.



Last but not least is my frog gazing ball. I think this is perhaps the most whimsical piece in my yard art collection. I think he is trying to gaze inside to see his inner prince.

Hmm, come to think of it maybe that's why so many toads like to hop around my garden!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment