Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Homecoming Havoc

We just got back from picking up the dogs. So far so good. The kids were so excited they didn't even make us late. We ended up getting there about 10 minutes early, so I let the kids each pick out $1 worth of treats while we waited.

They pulled the car up right next to the van and opened the door facing the van. Beauty jumped right in to be by the kids. Angel started wandering around the parking lot, so many people to see!



The dogs were good riders for the most part. Apparently Beauty wanted to drive the van. Too bad I didn't have my camera ready for that picture. She was sitting in my seat. Silly dog! She only climbed on the seats a couple of times. I guess she wanted to look out the windows, but she's shedding terribly so I wouldn't allow it. Luckily there's plenty of space on the floor of the van.



They loved the yard. I didn't let them sniff it for too long though, didn't mind it when they were by the shed, but when they came on the other side of the driveway it was time to go in. I was worried they'd find out about the baby birds. I'm going to try to keep them in the back yard as much as possible. Hopefully everything will work out. I suppose that's asking too much?



Once we made it inside there was a mad fury of paws and hissing. Sweetie ran into hiding in the basement and Speedy jumped up onto the bar stools away from Beauty's nosy nose. She started to settle down after a couple of minutes though. Her back was still arched as she decided to lay down and she's still keeping her eyes on them, but I think they'll get along just fine. She and Angel used to be the best of friends. It's Sweetie and Beauty's meeting I worry more about.



I want the dogs to get used to going out the back door, so we've taken them out there several times. Here is the kennel I brought up by the house. I think it will work out well for us when I'm working on the garage.



Uh oh! Sweetie came out. At least the dogs are smart enough to stay away from her! She doesn't look too happy yo see them. At least it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Beauty keeps trying to make me bring her out the front door. I'll show her who's boss though. Just becasue she rules at MIL's house doesn't mean she'll rule here.

Wish me luck, I have a feeling I may need it today!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

11 comments:

Barbee' said...

Oh, my, you surely have your hands full! Good luck. Sounds like fun!

garden girl said...

Good luck getting everyone settled back in Cinj. Doesn't it feel great to come home! ;-)

As for me, sometimes I miss those days when my kids were small and the place was a zoo. . . and sometimes I don't!

Anonymous said...

whew, your household is going to be topsy turvy for a bit, isn't it?! I hope everyone settles in quickly and gets along. good luck!!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Should I send abby over just to make it more interesting?

Unknown said...

Barbee- That's for sure! I had this chaos about 4 years ago when the cats were kittens and the dogs were puppies. I had them all for 2 weeks, but then we had Reggie too. I think things are a bit calmer now since the kids are older too. WHEW!

Linda- There's nothing as nice as being at home.

Ha! You're right about that whole zoo thing. The kids go on vacation to MIL's a couple of times a year. I miss them when they're gone, but I also enjoy the small amount of time I get to have by myself. I'm sure some people may think that's a selfish attitude, but I'm trying not to care what others think of me anymore.

Kathleen- Thanks. I'd say I thing I'll need it, but then I got a phone call so even more topsy turvyness coming my way!

Debbie- The more the merrier! Oh, wait. I guess we won't be home. Sorry she missed out on all of the "fun".

Now, off to pack for the trip!

Gail said...

Hey cinj,

Wow, I'm with gardengirl there are certainly days when I miss the good old days!

and no way is it selfish to want some time away! ...if you aren't rested and your spirit is depleted the whole family will feel the effects. You are worth it Cindy.

Gail

Unknown said...

Gail- I was just talking to MIL and trying to plan for Tuesday. I was all I'll be flexible and play it by ear. She says to me, "give me some of those pills you've been taking!" LOL. I have noticed a world of difference in myself since December.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Jack has a problem with one of our cats too. He just doesn't like him and the cat does not like Jack. So when they have a run in there is hissing and barking like crazy. I hope your dog/cat adventure works out well for you.

Anonymous said...

Your cat looks crazed and mad as heck. I think the dogs know who is boss.

lisa said...

I hope they all settle down to a dull roar for you soon! I LOL at the picture of Sweetie's outstretched paw...she'll keep them all in line for sure! ;-)

Unknown said...

Cindee- I know. It's funny though, she never had a problem with her when they lived together before. Weird.

Anna- They do. It's funny to see the dogs afraid of clawless cats who are 1/10 the size of them. Don't they realize they could easily overthrow the cats?

Lisa- I loved that picture too! I wish the other ones turned out as well. There were some funny moments. The dogs went back to MIL's. The kids stayed on a mini vacation too, so I should have a peaceful day or two....