Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Unexpected Road Trip

Well, we were all just getting settled in and falling into a good rhythm when RING. I get a phone call. It's MIL wondering if I can still bring her to Iowa. Apparently BIL has a sinus infection bad enough for them to want to hospitalize him after his trip to the ER today. YIKES!

So, the trip's back on. I leave tomorrow morning. I guess today's 2 hours driving was a bit of a waste! Oh well. I want to do this for MIL. A final chance for her to say goodbye to her sister. So, here's hoping that everyone is well behaved for travelling tomorrow. At least the dogs will be able to stay with BIL! I'll be out for a few days.

I guess birthday plans are going to be changed now too. No free Culver's sundae for me, my coupon will be expired when I get back. Why would you make it so a coupon expires ON your birthday anyway? Weird!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

6 comments:

Barbee' said...

Wishing you a safe trip. We'll be thinking about your family. Here's hoping you will receive a blessing more valuable than an ice cream treat :) Hugs!

tina said...

Maybe you can get a raincheck from Culvers? Worth a try. Have a safe trip.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Have a safe trip. Its nice you can do that for your MIL(-: Hope you can get your free icecream later too(-:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Have a wonderful trip and go to Culvers anyway, it's all worth it no matter the cost! It's a good thing I don't live close to one....

Anonymous said...

That is so kind of you and not surprising that the trip is on. I hope you have a safe trip. It will be a way to give your MIL a gift she will always remember.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your well wishes. Oh boy, what a trip! At this point I am too tired to even care about a free Culver's sundae anyway. I think I'm going to bed early tonight!

Anna- MIL and U(ncle)IL(?) (is there such a thing?) were both pleased. They were very thankful and glad I helped them out. I'm SO glad to be home again though.