Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

I Know you Didn't ask for my Advise, but...

I had a rough day today and thought I might share a couple of tips I wish I had thought of earlier. Just a bunch of random thoughts!

1. Never hurry while carrying a large 7 foot tall ladder, you many loose your footing on an uneven gravel driveway and bang yourself up pretty darn good.

2. Don't allow your son to play catch with himself by throwing you tennis balls on the roof of your house, they may all end up getting stuck in your gutters requiring a tall ladder to retrieve them.

3. If you're falling when carrying a ladder, it MAY be a good idea to let go of the ladder so you can break your fall. Otherwise you may end up with skinned knees, no wind, a sore elbow, and various other body parts.

4. If you are going to play tennis, do NOT play wearing sandals! They don't provide the best footing. At least I was taking it easy because of a sore body caused by an unfortunate ladder incident, that blacktop would have been really hard on me!

5. Never take your son who is used to playing baseball to play tennis with you if you'd like to get exercise other than running after balls that were hit out of bounds.

6. Do not take your pre-teen son to sit and wait for you at a dentist appointment with nothing for him to occupy himself with.

7. Also not such a good idea to promise him a pizza buffet before you know how long said appointment is going to take. I didn't get done until the buffet was closed. How was I supposed to know that my tooth cleaning appointment was going to take over an hour? Talk about grumbling.

8. When you are going to get your windshield wipers installed that you are DESPERATELY in need of, don't save it for the last stop before dinner time. Even if it is on the way to the final stop of the day.

9. If you're planning on dying your hair (or adding highlights which was my case), I don't think it's such a good idea to use panthenol hair conditioner the day before you plan on coloring. The dye didn't take too well. Or maybe it was the fact that I bought the cheapest dye my money could buy....

10. Don't allow your pre-teen son to use a paint brush filled with primer right above your head, you just MAY get a head full of primer if you do.

My loss is your gain though! If you remember to follow these simple tips, you may just have a better day than I did. Even if it was a little rough, it was still pretty fun anyway.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

17 comments:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Only one thing come to my mind....

PRICELESS! :)

I do hope you are alright but this too will make for great stories in time to come Cinj!

Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs,
Kathi :)

Dave said...

You should take a day off from everything after a day like that! I hope your feeling alright!

Skeeter said...

You poor dear.
How does that saying go?
If it weren’t for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....

Tomorrow is another day.

~Laurie said...

Tomorrow is a new day....I am sending positive thoughts that it will be better than today. Hope you aren't too scuffed up from today.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Ouch! It sounds like you had too many things to do & not enough time in which to do them. Next time make the boy carry the ladder.

Anonymous said...

OH my Gosh that is so funny. I've had the best laugh at your expense. You can sure turn a bad thing into something positive. That fall could have been serious and I wouldn't be laughing. I did feel sorry for you and I'm so sorry. If you can hurry carrying a ladder then you are in good shape.

Anonymous said...

Great advice. It sounds like you had an interesting and slightly painful day. I agree with MMD, next time make the boy carry the ladder. Hope your evening got better. Tomorrow's another day!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Ouchieeeeee Hope you are o.k.

tina said...

Fun indeed! I never think you ramble at all. I say magnolia for you Cinj.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Girl, that sounds painful all the way around. Ladder accident on the same day as a dentist appointment. Hope you are not to banged up.

Deb.

garden girl said...

Cinj, ok, first let me apologize, as I had several giggles at your expense. Thank you for the life lessons.

I've had some days like that myself. . . If I'd known then what I know now. . .

Victoria Williams said...

What a great list!

I have to add another;

Do your best to discourage your grown son from buying a pit bull - chances are it will wind up at your home for some reason or other.

Gail said...

cinj,

I'm with Anna on this... very funny! Sorry if I am giggling at your mishaps! So sorry you fell, ouch that hurts.

Gail

Unknown said...

Nancy- Not too bad, just enough to need one regular sized bandaid. Some areas are a bit tender to the touch, but I can handle it.

Kathi- Glad to entertain you. It was a pretty good day even though I made it sound a bit unbearable.

Dave- You bet I am! It helps that it's rainy and humid (again) so I can't do any painting even if I wanted to!

Skeeter- You've got THAT right, it describes me to a T!

Laurie- Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the kind thoughts, I'm feeling much better.

MMD- Good idea. I'm not sure why I let him stay inside and get his school supplies ready instead, I mean there's still a month left of summer after all!

Anna- That's why I posted it, I figured I might as well entertain you with my mishaps. If it weren't for this kind of thing I wouldn't have a whole heck of a lot to blog about! I hope I helped to brighten your day. How goes the paperwork fiasco?

PG- Always something going around here. Maybe I should change my blog's name to something having to do with a three ring circus!

Cindee- Yup. Nothing bruised too badly but my ego.

Tina- Well at least that's one person who doesn't think I ramble. I think Cheesehead would disagree with you....

Deb- That's me. I guess I wasn't voted class klutz for nothing! LOL. At least the trip to the dentist was for a cleaning, it just involved a whole mouth xray session that I wasn't informed of. UGH! Then I let the poor lady go look for a bandaid for my knee. Leave it to me to take all of badaids out of my purse the day I end up finally needing one!

Linda- Well, glad I was able to make you giggle.

K&V- Hmm, sounds like a good lesson. They aren't the friendliest dogs, are they?

Gail- What else am I here for? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'd say those are some rules to live by!!! Have a better day today!

lisa said...

Boy, never a dull moment in your life! I'm glad you weren't writing this post from the hospital after all that! (You weren't, were you? :)

Unknown said...

Kathleen- We went to town and played tennis again today. We're getting a bit better at it, but it was so hot out I could barely stand it.

Lisa- That's for sure!

LOL. Nope, no hospitalization was required. Thank God!