Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Just for you Anna!

Geez, Anna you make me sound like some building-leaping super hero or something! I have to justify that heroic image by informing you that I use the excalibur blade. It's true I tell you! It's the name of my hedge trimmer. LOL. I was going to have Cheesehead take a picture of me holding it for you, but my camera wasn't working. Probably protesting all the pictures I took with it today!

Okay, now on the the real reason of this post, a game of tag.

Anna has asked me to tell six random things about myself. I don't know 6 random things but I do know 6 incredibly awesome things. If you can handle it--read on!! But first, the rules----

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

You wanted randomness? Here goes!

1. Peanut and I went to The Bee Movie last week. My favorite quote from the movie was said by a mosquito turned lawyer. When someone said they didn't know he was a lawyer, he replied "I was already a blood-sucking parasite, all I needed was a breifcase." .

2. At one time about 3 years ago we had 15 pets in our house. One dog, three cats, a gerbil, and 10 fish.

3. I was the student of the year after attending my tae-kwon-do classes for less than a year. It is engraved right on it "for outstanding dedication". I went to classes every day that year I was 14 so I could attend both child and adult classes, even in the summer. I got my purple belt before quitting. I would have stayed in it, but it conflicted with my pep band schedule.

4. I got my first job when I was 11 years old. I was a news paper carrier in Brainerd, MN. I have worked since that point, including helping my parents manage The Marywood Apartments in Monticello.

5. I've been a member of the same church since we moved to the Monticello area in 1988. I was confirmed, graduated from high school, got married, baptized my children, my neice and nephews were baptised in that church, and I had my father's funeral in that church. I'm having a hard time letting go. I keep intending to transfer my membership to another church over here, but I am so indecisive. I've never had to choose a church home before, I just went where ever my parents told me to. I suppose two years really should be long enough for me to make a decision....

6. I quit having children because I was afraid I would have more problems with future children.

My first pregnancy I was on bedrest for 6 weeks with pre-eclampsia. Labor was induced 6 weeks early because of my highly elevated blood pressure. He was 4 pounds 6 ounces when he was born. He was small because of the high blood pressure.

My second pregnancy I had placenta previa. I was on hospitalized bedrest (because of early labor) for two weeks with her before going into unstoppable pre-term labor.

If I had lived 100 years ago I probably would have died when I had both of them! What more could go wrong? At least I had one of each. I quit while I thought I was ahead.

I'm going to pull a cheat and not tag anyone though. Sorry Anna. You don't mind, do you? I think this game has made it's rounds for now. I'll save my tags for this winter when we're all cooped up out of our gardens in our boring houses looking for something entertaining to do with our time.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

yes, good idea to wait till winter to continue! Natalie

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post. I laughed my fool head off at the lawyer joke.

Skeeter said...

Ha, you had me going with the 10 pets! I was thinking my gosh, then read about the fish! Funny you...

Sorry about all your problems during your pregnancy. Sounds like you had a tough time of it. But you have two beautiful children for all your troubles!

tina said...

15 pets! I thought yikees until I saw so many were fish.

garden girl said...

Interesting random facts Cinj! What a busy girl you were in school!

I can relate to missing your church home. We attended a beautiful old church when living in the city. Everyone knew each other. It was weird moving to the suburbs where everything was so new. Latin Mass was replaced by guitar mass. In the city we wore our Sunday best, when we moved out here people wore jeans and shorts to church. The church was modern - no stained glass, no marble, no choir. People didn't even speak to each other before or after church. At our old church the pastor stood outside, shook hands, and always made it a point to bend down and speak to the children as we left. At the new church we never saw him after the service.

I never got used to it. I'm glad to be in an older area now. The church and the is much more like what I grew up with, and I like that.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Dear super hero :) bee movies and lawyers! :) It's always fun learning things about our blogging friends! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Natalie- Hi, I don't believe we've ever met before. Thanks for dropping in. I thought it sounded like a good idea to wait. It'll give us something to look forward to.

Anna- That was a good line, wasn't it? Peanut laughed because I did. I don't think she understood why I thought it was so funny.

Skeeter/Tina- It was hard even though so many were fish. It didn't help that I had a toddler at the time, not to mention that two of the cats were kittens and the dog was a puppy.

Linda- Oh, I was in so many different things I just don't know how I had the energy to do it all. You don't know the 1/2 of it! I'm feeling split between 2 basically. I actually liked a couple of the churches I visited in Tomahawk too, but I want to go to church in Rhinelander so we can visit Cheesehead when he's working. Is that a wierd reason to have for finding a church?

Kathi- Let me just unwrap my cape from around my neck. LOL!