Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Thank you Lisa!

I was so happy when I got the mail yesterday. Look what was waiting for me.



Lisa @ Millertime emailed me and told me she had put the package of hostas for my shade garden in the mail. She even labelled them all for me any everything. Isn't she just the sweetest to cheer me up with wonderful plants????

My hands were trembling as I tore open the tape on the box. I got so impatient I went and got the scissors to cut the tape. I felt like a kid on her birthday. I knew what was in the box, and I was just DYING to get to these beauties!

She wanted to know how they travelled, so I took this picture of them. They appeared to be very comfortable in their cozy box.

There are 7 different kinds of hostas here, aren't they the bomb? I can't wait until it cools down a bit so I can expand my shade garden. It is bursting at the seems and begging for an expansion project already. I'll be happy to oblige once this heat and humidity lightens up. In the mean time, they'll have to make their homes in pots for a while.

Thanks again Lisa for your kindness and generosity. These hostas will be very happy in their new home as long as I can manage to keep the deer away from them.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I love hostas, they are one of my favorite shade plants. They come in such a variety of color, texture, shape and size. I can't wait to see your expansion project!

Anonymous said...

That is so kind of Lisa. I love to hear about this kind of thing cause it just cements the bond of gardening sister/brotherhood. They will do just fine in pots till you can get outside. They will keep giving you beauty year after year. Congrats on the gift.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

great garden sharing. Show us pictures when they are planted.

tina said...

What a nice friend! And they traveled so well too.

lisa said...

Awww, any time! I'm glad they got there in good shape, I know you'll give them a great home! :)

Skeeter said...

They did travel well am sure you will enjoy them in the shade garden. It is always so much joy to open a package…

I had such great luck with Hosta the first year I planted them no so lately. Between the bunny, deer, voles and heat, they just dont seem to be doing well for me... My Elvis hosta is now starting to turn yellow... Argg, Elvis may be ready to leave the building... I kept one hosta my mother in law gave me in a pot this year and it is doing great though. That may be the way for me to go with future hosta…

Unknown said...

Hey all! Thanks for checking in. They're doing wonderfully, I'll share my remodeling when I get around to it.

Skeeter- Maybe Elvis needs a pot. Poor guy. Is it a disease or stress or something? Let us know if you can rescue him!

Anonymous said...

That is so lovely Cinj
Blogging buddies are great aren't they.
Regards
Karen
An Artist's Garden.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I love hostas, it started about 5 years ago...especially the rare and different kinds. They grow wonderfully in our climate! What a wonderful gift, I would be afraid to ship them, what a kind thing for her to do.

Anonymous said...

That was super nice of Lisa! I hope they do well for you. Looks like the shipping didn't bother them at all.