Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

BEES!

****WARNING**** If you do not like looking at fat, ugly, out of shape legs that have been stung by a bee, you may want to skip reading this post.***********


Peanut and I went out on our daily trip to the blackberry patch yesterday, she enjoys helping me pick them off the bushes. She has picked blackberries with her brother and grandpa over at his house every summer. Even though the bushes are prickly and difficult to pick the juicy treasures off, we find it quite challenging.



We hit the jackpot! We picked twice as many berries as we did any other day so far. Of course most of today's had been devoured before I got around to taking this picture of them. YUM! They're always best after sitting in the warm summer sunshine. I've been freezing a little bit each day to save up enough for a treat for the whole family, it's been tough going but it will be well worth the effort.

We were very pleased with our haul and began discussing the possibilities for usage of the plump juicy blackberries as we sauntered casually back towards the driveway. We were just in the middle of discussing saving some of the blackberries for the wildlife when I felt a painful poke on my thigh. OUCH. I looked down to move away from the offending thistle (we have LOTS of thistles) when I discovered a bee stinging me. What in the world?

Sure. I haven't seen a bee up by the house all summer by my wonderful flowers. There are just a handful of them by the wildflowers and now one decides to sting me??? I didn't do anything to it, I swear! I was just telling my daughter not to take more than we need and this @!*% bee STINGS me. GRR.

I washed the area, used hydrogen peroxide, antibacterial ointment, and placed a bandaid over it to protect it from irritating rubbing from my clothes. Then we headed off for football pracice.



I thought it would start feeling better today, but it hasn't. It looks worse today than yesterday. There is a 5 or 6 inch red patch around it and the surrounding skin feels feverishly hot. I looked it up on webmd, but it doesn't sound like it's anything requiring medical attention yet.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

14 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Ouch.

Jane O' said...

I don't like bees. I was stung multiple times around the face when I was 5. I still remember the terror of having the bees swarm my head! I have been stung many times since and it ALWAYS hurts. I sympathize.

Unknown said...

At least I got stung instead of Peanut. She's a bit of a drama queen, she'd probably still be crying 24 hours later. Not that I wish a bee sting on anyone, but I especially want them to stay away from her.

I steered clear of the spot I was stung in today, not looking for a repeat performance if you know what I mean!

tina said...

Yup, ouch.

Skeeter said...

I always grab baking soda and put a little water on it to form a paste. That always takes out the stink. Wet tobacco will work also but no one in the house smokes any more... One got me last year while clipping the hedge! Of all places, it was a wasp and he or she had a nest in the hedge that I was unaware of.

Sorry for your pains. Those stings do hurt. I remember my grandmother telling us kids to be really careful when picked black berry’s on the road sides. To be on the lookout for bees and snakes…

Anonymous said...

You may be allergic Cinj. I got stung on the bottom of my foot years ago by a ground wasp and my entire leg swelled up. I had to stay in bed with my leg elevated for 3 days with ice on it. Hence you should never go barefoot in the grass was my lesson. I hope your leg gets better, you might want to see a Dr.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Keep an eye on that sting. If you get more swelling and reddness you should go see a doctor. I was stung by bees one time and got a terrible blood infection that almost had me hospitalized. I didn't know it was that big of a deal but my lower leg swelled up and it was hot to the touch and red. Everyone at work told me to go to the doctor so I did...It took about two weeks to get back to normal. Hopefully yours will be o.k. but just incase don't wait to go and get it checked out(-:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Keep an eye on that sting. If you get more swelling and reddness you should go see a doctor. I was stung by bees one time and got a terrible blood infection that almost had me hospitalized. I didn't know it was that big of a deal but my lower leg swelled up and it was hot to the touch and red. Everyone at work told me to go to the doctor so I did...It took about two weeks to get back to normal. Hopefully yours will be o.k. but just incase don't wait to go and get it checked out(-:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you've become allergic to the sting??? I've been seeing the bumblebees in my yard a lot this past week. But so far they've left me alone. That looks like it really hurts! Sorry!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Get some Tea Tree Oil fast!! Put it on the hot area. Test a small patch of your skin first to make sure you aren't allergic to the Tea Tree Oil. Don't get the Oil close to any tender membranes like the eyes, nose, or ears. It will help take the soreness out and help the infection if there is one. I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

omg, I hope it's better today Cinj? You've gotten lots of good advice. I remember my Mom making the baking soda paste when I was little. Keep us posted.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

oh my, that looks horrible! The blackberries will be wonderful...mmmm

I hope you heal soon!

Hugs,
Kathi :)

Anonymous said...

Are you ok?

lisa said...

Ow! I agree with the others...keep an eye on that and see a doctor sooner, not later!