Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

BEES!

****WARNING**** If you do not like looking at fat, ugly, out of shape legs that have been stung by a bee, you may want to skip reading this post.***********


Peanut and I went out on our daily trip to the blackberry patch yesterday, she enjoys helping me pick them off the bushes. She has picked blackberries with her brother and grandpa over at his house every summer. Even though the bushes are prickly and difficult to pick the juicy treasures off, we find it quite challenging.



We hit the jackpot! We picked twice as many berries as we did any other day so far. Of course most of today's had been devoured before I got around to taking this picture of them. YUM! They're always best after sitting in the warm summer sunshine. I've been freezing a little bit each day to save up enough for a treat for the whole family, it's been tough going but it will be well worth the effort.

We were very pleased with our haul and began discussing the possibilities for usage of the plump juicy blackberries as we sauntered casually back towards the driveway. We were just in the middle of discussing saving some of the blackberries for the wildlife when I felt a painful poke on my thigh. OUCH. I looked down to move away from the offending thistle (we have LOTS of thistles) when I discovered a bee stinging me. What in the world?

Sure. I haven't seen a bee up by the house all summer by my wonderful flowers. There are just a handful of them by the wildflowers and now one decides to sting me??? I didn't do anything to it, I swear! I was just telling my daughter not to take more than we need and this @!*% bee STINGS me. GRR.

I washed the area, used hydrogen peroxide, antibacterial ointment, and placed a bandaid over it to protect it from irritating rubbing from my clothes. Then we headed off for football pracice.



I thought it would start feeling better today, but it hasn't. It looks worse today than yesterday. There is a 5 or 6 inch red patch around it and the surrounding skin feels feverishly hot. I looked it up on webmd, but it doesn't sound like it's anything requiring medical attention yet.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment