Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Question

Look what FINALLY bloomed for me today! I was so excited that the first thing I did was run inside to grab my camera. I've been watching it swell bigger and bigger for weeks now, just DYING for it to open. It's even more beautiful than I remembered.



When I saw that 2 out of 3 of my blooms finally opened today I had to snap a picture. Maybe I should have waited for the petals to completely unfurl, but it struck me a so gorgeous that I just couldn't have the patience to wait any longer.

Let me tell you a bit of what I observed about this lovely lily. It appears to be a stargazer lily, but I don't remember ever planting one. The petals appear to have fine hair like things covering the insides. It is very strongly scented too, in a good way.

My question is... do these lilies rebloom if I were to cut the lilies before they are completely spent? I know I can't bring them inside to enjoy (stupid cats!), and I'd hate to cut down such a lovely flower without reason. I am leaving it for the wildlife to enjoy for now. I guess I don't know a whole heck of a lot about keeping my perrenials blooming longer or if that's even possible with most varieties.

If anyone knows any info, I would appreciate your help!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment