Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day August 2008

I am happy, yet saddened at the same time with my flowers this month. Why? Well, my flowers are often don come October here. Since it's so cold already I don't know if I'll even make it that long with blooms this year.

I was so happy to see that my hydrangea that I planted last year, my new rose I planted this spring, and a hosta are all about ready to bloom. I was checking on them while we were grilling our dinner at 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon but I didn't get my camera out there since we had to have dinner in before we left for football at 5. I get home about 8:30, so it's already dark at that time. Maybe I'll get out when it's light out again to snap a shot to share with you.

Meanwhile, look at the "new" blooms in my yard.



I think that this is actually a starfighter instead of the stargazer that we thought it was. It looks like two of them face a bit upwards, but one doesn't. I'm not even sure what the difference between the two are other than that. I'd research it, but I'm busy researching my family lines on ancestry.com now. Maybe I'll take the time later this year.



I've introduced you to my Royal Candles Speedwell, Angelina Sedum, and the delphinium before, but I haven't shown you the Lamb's Ear yet. Isn't she lovely? I love the soft velvety texture and the pale purple blooms. I guess I don't have the best lighting in this picture either, but who has time to take all the best pictures when you're as busy a woman as me anyway? Sorry.



My Shasta Daisy Becky is smiling beautifully too. Not too many bees or butterflies around though. I wonder if the birds are eating them all?



And let us not forget the wonderful Echinacea. Would you look at how happy it is?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

13 comments:

tina said...

Great post Cinj! You have alot going on!

Gail said...

Cinj,

What do you mean it's already getting cold? Or did I read that wrong? Beautiful Blooms Happy Bloom Day! Gail

Anonymous said...

All your blooms look beautiful Cinj! Is fall upon you already, you mentioned cold?

Anonymous said...

Your pink lily is particularly attractive.
It's always exciting when plants bloom for the first time in the season, but particularly when perennials and shrubs that are new to the garden bloom for the first time. For one thing, you get to see if they were labeled correctly. Soon your rose and hydrangea will bloom and brighten your August garden.
You know what cooler weather means, "It's almost bulb planting time!" :) There's always something to be looking forward to in the garden.

Skeeter said...

Looking Good Cinj. I must get some of that Lamb Ear next year!
It is the middle of Aug and you are talking about the weather being cold! Arg, not for about 3 more months down here! Long growing season for us, too bad no rain to keep things going strong. Lots fizzling out in my gardens early this year... sigh...

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Everything looks beautiful, Happy Bloom Day!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see somebody's garden looks good. My lambs ear and daisies bit the hot Texas dust two months ago. It's spring here, then intense heat by May. At least it's been raining. I've forgotten what cold feels like!
Brenda

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Awesome flowers Cindy!!! So cheerful for a friday that has been rather stressful!!! Thanks for the big smile!!!(-:

Unknown said...

Tina- Is there any other way to livr life nowadays?

Gail- Is was in the 40's last night. Not extremely cold when it still gets in 70 & 80's during the day, but it's no usually this "cool" in August.

PG- It feels a bit cool when I'm out at 8 watching son practice football. Still nice enough to wear shorts, but...

NS- On the bright side it's not as hot as it could be for our shed painting. My plants are enjoying avoiding the scorching hot weather of August too, so I should just keep my big mouth closed.

Skeeter- Somehow 40's and 50's seem so much warmer when we're going into spring.

Kathi- Thanks. I'm enjoying them. My wild berries are almost ripe for picking. I sampled one the other day. It was YUM-MY!

Brenda- I guess my weather would seem like spring for most of the summer to you. Our Augusts are typically much hotter than this one's been. No dog days yet. Thta's okay, it's my least favorite part of the summer anyway!

Cindee- I hope your day got better. What happened? We've been so busy I haven't had the chance to make the rounds much in the last couple of days. Tomorrow is painting day, tonight son has a friend over for a sleepover. We're going to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit soon, once they're done playing video games.

tina said...

Nope. Doesn't seem to be, though I am trying to slow down-again.

Anonymous said...

And the deer left them alone--woo hoo!! They look so good and next year will be right back at it with bigger bunches to reward you. Is it your knock out rose ready to bloom?

Unknown said...

Tina- I only have 2 speeds Go and Stop. LOL.

Anna- They're all up by the house so I must have made up a good plan. Lots of hunters around here so anything to do with people they have stayed clear of so far. I hope it stays that way.

The knock out that I bought has already bloomed, the transplant is just about ready to. I even planted a regular rose in my yard which has yet to bloom. It may be too shady around here for it though. Maybe I'll move it after it's cooled down again.

lisa said...

Nice blooms! I like that speedwell a lot...gotta get me some. Are you getting cold night temps too? It was 41 as I left the house this morning...yikes!