Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Chance of Snow? Already???

Okay, here it is not even Halloween yet and we have a chance of snow tonight. It's turning cold around here fast. It reached a high of 41 degrees when I took the kids to town yesterday.

I feel even more miserable today than I did yesterday if that's possible. I have a feeling we're going to be getting the weather that they're predicting. The meds worked well before, so that's the only other answer I can come up with.

Luckily, we picked up the snow blower from the shop the other day. MIL said hers cost her $300 to fix and she was nervous for us since it sounded like the same problem.

They had told us they were pretty backed up when Cheesehead dropped it off last week so imagine my surprise when I got the phone call Friday saying it was already ready! Hesitantly I asked them how much the repairs would cost and it was "only" $55. I had to use some of the money Cheesehead's cousin had paid us for our old stove that we were going to use to buy the kids a Christmas present, but it's nice to have a snow blower that works again. I guess that Christmas is a while away yet so you never know what will happen in that time, right?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

We hardly ever get snow. The Monkeys are jealous.

Anonymous said...

Snow in October! Wow we rarely get snow until before January.

Cindy said...

We have snow showers and rain in our forecast for tomorrow. Although I doubt any of it will stick, it's still disconcerting to hear snow before halloween!

tina said...

First frost forecast for here. Glad it is not snow. Yikes!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

wow snow? That is crazy. Its been 90 here this weekend!!!!! I heard rain is in the forecast for next week though. So at least we might see some(-: Hope you have a great week!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know what I thought about while reading this? It suddenly hit me that you could sell plants this spring for some extra money. Your kids are always willing to help out. How much traffic goes by your road? Well, if not this coming spring then certainly in the next couple of years. All you got to do is have some seeds or cuttings and a lot of coffee cans. My neighbor sells Rose of Sharons that he potted up in the Spring.

Oh--so back to the snow---good grief! Glad the snow machine wasn't too expensive.
Anna

Unknown said...

Debbi- We get plenty of snow. It's easy to tire of snow though so they aren't missing out on too much. This snow is rapidly melting anyway.

PG- We don't usually get snow until mid November although there was the halloween blizzard of 91....

Cindy- Us too. It's been snowing off and on all day so far. It won't stick around long though.

Tina- I guess fall's already on it's way out here. At least snow is easier to get off the windsheild than frost.

Cindee- 90 still? Geez, sounds tropical. It was only a mere 50 degrees colder here this weekend for our highs.

Anna- I might have to try that, I should have lots of plants in the coming years. The kids want to plant lots of seeds and make a terrerium. They also want to sell blackberries. Not much traffic by our house though so I don't know how successful we'd be.