Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

The Munchkins Trick or Treat

Cheesehead had to work today so the kids and I made the most of a cloudy dreary day. I was able to feel mostly human after the second dose of medicine and using a whole box of kleenex to blow my nose. The kids were kind enough to make breakfast and unload the dishwasher for me. I spent the morning on the couch checking out blogs and contacting family members about my ancestry stuff.

We decided to carve the pumpkin today. The kids were very into it. They got out knives and got right to work. They didn't mind helping me to scoop the seeds out, but when it came to getting the guts out it became my job somehow. How peculiar. I'll roast the seeds tomorrow, I just don't feel energetic enough today.

Okay, I know I said I was going to take it easy today but we also got out the halloween decorations and put them up. My computer is being uncooperative at this time though so I'll have to show you later. I'll have to show you the crafts I made previous years later too. Isn't technology jusy peachy?

Since the kids were so nice this morning, I couldn't skip taking them to town. To lift my spirits a little bit more I decided to join in the dress-up fun too. Peanut was Darth Vader, Son was Luke Skywalker, and I was Princess Leia. Peanut's costume was the only store bought costume. Son's was a black hooded sweatshirt, black sweatpants, a long piece of black scrap fabric used as a cape and a light sabre (as he would have looked in Return of the Jedi). Mine was a hole cut in the middle of a white sheet with an afro wig in two pony tails. Okay, not exactly the most elegant costume ever but oh well. It was fun. A few people even named me by name without me having to tell them who I was supposed to be so I guess I couldn't have done too badly.

Once we were done downtown I took the kids to see their dad at work. Cheesehead was hiding his face when he saw I was dressed up too, I think he was laughing at me. He asked if anyone else saw me. Of course they did!

The rest of the night was actually mostly spent lounging around. Peanut had checked the Bee Movie out from the library so we watched that tonight before Cheesehead was too tired and fell asleep.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

4 comments:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Good Morning Cinj,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I bet cheesed head almost had a heart attack when he saw you dressed up! LOL

Have a blessed Sonday,
Kathi :)

Anonymous said...

Gads, Cinj, sounds like you and I had the same ghastly bug. I'm still coughing, hacking, and wasting Kleenex! I hope you get well faster. Sounds like you managed to pull it together enough to have a really fun day. Can't wait to see the Hallowe'en crafts!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you are so funny. You are brave too. It's good to see you in a good mood and enjoying life. Your kids will take those memories with them forever.
Anna

Unknown said...

Kathi- It was fun even though I didn't feel well. I don't think Cheesehead was expecting it.

Ben- I feel a ton better today. I've taken multi symptom generic nyquil the last two nights and now I can barely tell I have a cold at all. I guess it's son's turn now though, poor kid! I forgot all anout the crafts, I'll have to see if the computer is feeling more cooperative toady.

Anna- Brave? Moi? I just think it's fun to dress up, I needed a lift anyway. Some people say halloween is for kids, heck I dressed up just for the fun of it. No candy required! It was wonderful getting all of the big smiles and greetings too, really picked up my spirits tremendously. I guess Cheesehead was a bit incredulous that I didn't take the free piece of apple pie being offered to those in costume, poor guy. I guess he'll just have to think about dressing up next year, won't he? He'll probably be working anyway though.

Peanut has decided she wants to be Princess Leia for school now instead of Darth Vader. I guess it's more fun to make up your own costumes.