Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

October Snow

Okay, I just had to share this with you. The first couple of snows are usually my favorites because there isn't any shovelling required.

That's not really the general opinion of everyone around here though. It seems like all of the nice summer weather driving causes people to forget their winter driving skills. I took Son to the hospital this morning because of severe wheezing problems and zero energy. I was chatting with some of the people who work there and there were a few accidents on their way in. I wish it was easier for people to remember to slow down and take their time when they were driving, then people wouldn't get hurt or require a tow truck's help.



I love how the flash showed off the snow flakes as they drifted lazily down this morning. I don't know, maybe I'm a better photographer when I can't see what I'm taking pictures of!

Peanut and I usually walk to the bus stop in the morning, but I had to take Son into the doctor this morning and I wanted to get him in to the walk in clinic as early as possible.

Why can't the snow always melt right off of the sidewalks, driveways, and streets like this? It sure would save a lot of back breaking work. Not good enough in the excercise department though.



On the bright side, at least it doesn't look like we'll need the snow blower this time. If only every snow could be like this! It's melting almost as fast as it comes down so at least it won't stick around very long.

If you're wondering son is doing better and his lung capacity has moved up from less than 50% of lung capacity, now he's into the yellow zone. I am hoping that he gets well quickly and we won't need to deal with the hassle of bringing the inhaler to school.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

6 comments:

garden girl said...

Hi Cinj, I was shocked to go outside this afternoon and see snow here too. We haven't even had a frost here yet!

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite kind of snow too Cinj ~ the kind that doesn't require shoveling and melts on the sidewalks & highways. You did a good job capturing the flakes. I hope your son recovers quickly and that it warms up a bit. It's too early to be snowing and so cold!!!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Does your son had asthma? It gets worse when the temps change. Mine goes down hill fast when the weather is cold. Yikes! I hate to think of how your son feels. Its no fun. I have been dealing with it all my life. I hope he feels better and gets things under control!!! The snow picture is awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it's snowing there. It's cooler here but nothing like that. Isn't it a bit early for snow?
Hope you son recovers soon. Hopefully he will be fine all winter. My little ggs has breathing problems also. It makes you want to breath for them.

Unknown said...

Linda- Crazy, isn't it? There are just little traces left here in the shady protected areas of the woods left, but we had 2 inches in Rhinelander.

Kathleen- WAY too early. It can wait until at least around Thanksgiving, can't it?

The good photo was just blind luck. I couldn't believe it when I loaded it onto the computer and saw it for the first time. Son returned to school today, we don't want him to get too far behind. He's still a bit under the weather though but between the inhaler and the nasty medicine he hates to take hopefully he'll feel better in no time.

Cindee- They aren't sure yet, but it sounds like they think that he might. No wonder he doesn't seem to put enough effort into running at football practice when I see him do warmups. All this time I was thinking he was being overly dramatic and lazy. I'm such a bad mom!

Lola- WAY too early for snow! I hadn't noticed any breathing problems until the last month or so. I had thought it was a cold or allergies and it would go away, but it didn't. It got worse Sunday night so I decided he needed to go in and be seen. I wonder if he's had smaller less noticable problems for longer and he just never said anything to me about it. Now I feel awful for letting it go on for so long!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

No you are not a bad mom. Geezzzz you didn't know. Most people do not know the signs of asthma unless they have it or know someone who does. At least you took him in to see the doctor and the doctor can decide (-:
Don't worry everything will be o.k. It is a treatable condition if that is what it is. A lot of athletes have asthma. The main thing is to follow the doctors orders.(-: