Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

No Sense of Smell

Ugh, what a day. I have developed a pretty nasty head cold (or allergy problem) so I have almost zero in the smell department. I guess that's good if I'm cleaning the cat boxes, but not so good when I'm searching for things to scent my soaps with. I may end up just picking and drying a bunch of stems of things hoping that I may be able to use one of them later. Would that be a silly idea?

At least the headache is lessening somewhat so I may get the pumpkin carving done and bring the kids to town for trick or treating this afternoon. Not sure if I'll feel like doing much of anything else but I guess a gal should take a day off every now and then!

I'll attempt to take some pictures too of both the trick-or-treaters and their pumpkin carving antics, but I'm not making any promises. In case you didn't know the new camera I just bought last spring has a cracked LCD screen. Since there is no regular view finder I have no way of knowing what it is I'm actually taking a picture of.

My last camera just broke last winter, it just stopped working one day for some reason. At least that had both an LCD screen AND a viewfinder! I tried all new batteries and everything but nothing I did seemed to make it work again. I'm not sure what it is with cameras and me, we don't seem to get along very well lately.

If you add that to the fiasco with the computer not wanting to read the pictures off the memory cards, now you know why I haven't been putting up too many pictures.

I may just have to take a technological break today so I can get my old computer up and running again. I've got a ton of pictures on there I've been wanting to share with you.

Now my headache's coming back. Maybe I should take a nap instead!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

HI,
I hate when cameras don't work too. I don't know what happens to them. Can you take back your newer one with the cracked screen? Was that something that could be a manufactures problem?
I hope you feel better. I bet you got it at school from the kiddies(-: Seems to be a lot of sickness running around at school here. )-:
Our school has a Harvest Festival for the kids today but I am not going since my kids are all grown up...(-: Next week the real Trick or Treaters will be out! We have a party to go to. Bye for now!!! Feel better soon!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

HI,
I hate when cameras don't work too. I don't know what happens to them. Can you take back your newer one with the cracked screen? Was that something that could be a manufactures problem?
I hope you feel better. I bet you got it at school from the kiddies(-: Seems to be a lot of sickness running around at school here. )-:
Our school has a Harvest Festival for the kids today but I am not going since my kids are all grown up...(-: Next week the real Trick or Treaters will be out! We have a party to go to. Bye for now!!! Feel better soon!

garden girl said...

Aw, sorry you're sick Cindy! A nap would be my pick for sure. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, take a nap & things will be better. That always works for me.
Sorry you feeling bad. Wrong time of yr. to feel bad.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Kids carving pumpkins will light up the worst of days. My son called me last night to say he had bought some pumpkins. I thought, what is he going to do with them? It turns out, he's going to use them for target practice. Now that makes sense. He's a pretty good skeet shooter. I ask him if he would be launching the pumpkin to the air.

Anna/fgg

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon Cinj. I bet you did get it from the kids. Does your town do early trick-or-treating?? Mine won't go until next Friday and they have that day off from school too (for parent teacher conferences) so it should be really wild.

Unknown said...

Cindee- I tried to exchange the camera but apparently if you've had the camera more than 30 days the store won't do anything about it. I'm not sure that it would be considered a manufactor's problem or not.

I probably did get the illness from school. I swear it must be because I was telling the other teachers in the lounge that I don't get sick. Fake wood must not count when a person goes to knock on wood.

We don't get trick or treaters at our house, MIL was just telling us how she doesn't get any either. I think we'll have the kids wear their costumes when we go there next weekend to help her get some of her work done.

Linda- Thanks for the well wishes. Meds are wonderful!

Anna- It was a pretty fun day today even though I was sick. The kids weren't even too horribly behaved today.

Launching pumpkins? Hmm, sound a bit messy! I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn so I won't be out shooting pumpkins any time soon.

Kathleen- Not usually, they just have a special little thing downtown that just started when we moved here. It's a lot of fun. Kids will be out trick or treating here next week, not us though since they're going to grandma's.