Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Undefeated Season

Son's football team did very well this year, they didn't loose any games. Not that winning is everything, I'd rather see my son's team have fun and loose every game than win every game and loose their love of the game. I sign him up for sports to get exercise, have fun, and learn good sportsmanship.

The players and coaches were very happy with the season. I think the parents were too. The stands were as full as I've ever seen them, if not more so. Today's game was another good one, for a while the score was 6 to 6 with just a few minutes to go in the first half.

The first half of the games usually have seemed a bit more exciting, I don't know if the teams aren't as tired or if we get their offense and defense figured out or what. The final score was 40 to 14. I won't say too much about it as I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, just thought I'd share how their season ended and tell them good job.

Their banquet is on Tuesday. Congratulations, Gators on a well played season!

After the game we worked on our basement again. We're hoping to have it finished and get stuff moved in tomorrow, wish us smooth sailing and possibly a little bit of luck!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Sounds like he did have a great season cinj. Baby Monkey had a nightmare soccer game today. Last season undefeated, this season struggling and dealing with bad refs.

Unknown said...

Deb- So sorry to hear about the refs. Don't you just hate it when refs make bad calls? We deal with that stuff too. I could tell you about tons of odd calls, revearsals, and comments they made to us this year too. Refs are supposed to facilitate a fair game for the kids, but often I find they are biased and don't make the proper calls. It's unfortunate really, isn't it?

We deal with a lot of bias especially because we are the biggest school district up here in the northwoods. It's not our kids' fault, so I sure wish they'd just stick to the game calling and not try to help out the little guys with crazy stuff. Sorry for the rant, but I just couldn't help it!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Yay congrats on a winning team!!! I know its not everything but it is fun to be a winning team(-:

Skeeter said...

Way to go Team!

Gail said...

As a kid I always wanted to be on the winning team! It's fun to win and we can still learn to be good sports. Sometimes the best lessons need to come from winning. Congrats to your son. Have fun at the banquet...take lots of photos to show us!

Gail

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Congratulations! you certainly must be proud! I can't believe they're having a banquet already...goodness, where does the time go?

Hugs!
Kathi :)

Unknown said...

Cindee- Yes, it is really. Son and I were very proud.

Skeeter- Yup. Woo Hoo!

Gail- I'm not sure why but we aren't invited to the banquet, only players and coaches. I wouldn't expect them to feed me or anything but I suppose most people expect free food at these things.

Kathi- Time sure has gone fast, hasn't it? I'm glad to be done doing all of that running.