Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Dear Cats and Dogs

My mom sent me this cute little email. I thought it was rather humorous and wanted to share it with my pet-loving friends without cluttering inboxes. (Although I must add not all the the views contained are my opinions, I just thought it was funny. I like people and my kids!)

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,
The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The
other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a
paw print in the middle of my plate of food does not stake a claim
for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically
pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.
Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't
help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry
about this. Do NOT think I will continue s lee ping on the couch to
ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball
when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each
other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know
that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the
other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If
by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it
is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get
your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit
through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the
bathroom for years --canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's
butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on
our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets

1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the
furniture. (That's why they call it 'fur'niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter
who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3. Are easier to train
4. Usually come when called
5. Never drive your car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't wear your clothes
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that - very funny.
Visitors may take note but I'm sure cats and dogs will ignore instructions, claiming they can't read :-)

Skeeter said...

I received this on an email a while back and it is still funny to me today! Fur, what is fur? I dont have fur in my house! HA, I have little reminders everywhere that I am an animal lover... Oh, that reminds me, it is about time for the cats to get fur cuts again. Sheba, Cheetah, where are you??? lol

Anonymous said...

This is classic, Cinj! Especially the bed and bathroom parts. We'd appreciate it here if someone could make it clear to our cats that if they can't make it to the bathroom when they have to throw up (the one time they never seem to want to get in there), the kitchen floor is far preferable to our bed, rugs, and furniture. (Sigh... ) Incidentally, your "Post a Comment" line shows up so pale on my screen I had to guess that it was there! Just in case you're not getting as many comments as you should be!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cinj, I had not seen this before and can appreciate the humor. Too bad my cats are not college educated and cannot read! LOL
Frances

Unknown said...

EG- Don't I know it. If we'd try to read it to them they'd just claim they couldn't understand the instructions anyway.

Skeeter- Oh, right. It's just big, blowing clobs of dust isn't it?? I used to be much better at brushing them before we moved. I wonder if I can find those combs I bought somewhere....

Ben- Exactly why my cats are no longer allowed into my bedroom. Don't even get me started about the bathroom. I've got a grumble I keep meaning to blog about and simply haven't found the time yet.

Gail had said something about that the other day but I forgot (as usual) to do anything about it. I've been wondering why less people are chatting with me again lately.

Frances- Even if they could read they'd ignore it anyway, I know cats! It was pretty funny though, wasn't it?

Nola said...

LMAO! That is hilarious; it is also sooooo true. I especially loved the part about the bathroom, and the kisses! I think I am going to copy the note and post something similar on my front door!

Victoria Williams said...

That's great! Very funny! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

lol, that is too funny Cinj! I will have to make a copy of this for my four legged friends. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL. Thanks for the chuckle Cinj. I haven't seen this one before but it applies to my cat 100%!! I'll have to read it to him and see if he listens.

Unknown said...

Nola- I know, right? How could I NOT share that?

K&V- Glad you enjoyed it.

PG- Good idea. Maybe once I get my printer going again I should print it off.

Lisa- Happy to bring you a smile from obvious truths of pet ownership.

Kathleen- It does, doesn't it? There wasn't one thing on there that didn't apply to at least one of my pets.