Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Tooth fairy MIA at our Place

Oh my. The tooth fairy forgot to visit my 11 year old son last night, if she's anything like me she can be a bit forgetful at times. He just lost a pre-molar while we were watching a Harry Potter movie together yesterday. It took a long time for him to loose it too.

He told me this morning that he knew that the tooth fairy doesn't exsist now, right in front of his 7 year old sister. It wasn't time for a deep philosophical discussion while they were getting ready for school either. What should I say?

I made up some excuses for her. Maybe they sounded a bit far flung?

1. Maybe she didn't have the money for such a big tooth so she was saving up.
2. Perhaps she thought he didn't believe in her so she decided not to come any more.
3. Was she stranded in a snow storm somewhere else in the country?
4. He is so big maybe she thought it was a grownup tooth that fell out because he didn't brush it often enough.
5. If she has trouble like I do she maybe just went to the bank for her monthly spending money and hasn't had a chance to break her bills for smaller ones and she couldn't afford to give him such a big bill.
6. Possibly she couldn't find his room because the door was closed and she wasn't used to that.
7. Was his room too messy? Maybe she was afraid of hurting herself in there.

Hopefully he and Cheesehead have a real discussion on the way to school this morning. I suppose he's a bit old for my being so silly, but I'm not ready to be done with it all just yet. My daughter's only 7. What should I do?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

6 comments:

tina said...

Oops! I've done this many times before. Just make up for it tonight. It'll be okay.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I forgot one time too. I felt terrible. I told my son that the Toothfairy would be there that night. She probably was busy. I left extra that time for being late(-: I always gave the tootfairy money until the kids had lost all their baby teeth. They never said anything about their not being a toothfairy till they were much older. Just like Santa...they wanted to believe so it was easy for me to do it(-: I remember when my brother no longer believed in Santa. Just because he didn't then Santa quit coming to our house.)-: I was devastated. I still do stockings for my kids and a present from Santa. They think its fun(-: Keep the spirit alive. Just smile and say oh I guess the toothfairy was to busy last night...

Anonymous said...

I think the tooth fairy definitely got held up by the snowstorm, Cinj! No doubt she'll manage to find her way over tonight.

Nola said...

Well, when I was young and questioned Santa's existence, my Mom told me "Santa will some as long as you believe in him." Simple enough, I still believe in him to this day, and guess what? He still visits!

Skeeter said...

I saw a sign at a craft fair this past weekend. It read: “When you stop believing, you start getting underwear”! I thought that was funny...

I would just make up for it tonight when he sleeps and see what he says in the morning... Be sure to sprinkle some fairy dust!

Singing off for a bit as it is busy time for me. I want to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving... I know it is a tough time but please hang in there!

Frances, said...

Hi Cinj, our tooth fairy was very bad at forgetting and in the morning would be the same appeal from the child, no tooth fairy. Oops, grabbing some cash on the way to the bedroom we would always go through the same routine. Are you sure you looked really good? You may have knocked it to the floor or something in the middle of the night! And sure enough, I would reach my hand under the pillow, behind the headboard, under the bed, and find the errant fairy's reward! You just have to look harder next time, I would tell them. :-)
Frances