Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Christmas Bug

Poor Peanut. She's been feeling under the weather since the 23rd with a low grade fever and a bit of a sour tummy. I was hoping that she'd feel better today, she had big plans to go to Grandma's house with her tonight.

Last night her fever broke and I was so happy for her. We all went to bed in a great mood. I'd never seen the kids so quickly scamper off to bed when I suggested they go! Peanut still wasn't feeling the best so she didn't remember to put out any milk and cookies for Santa. Well, the cookies were on a counter nearby so Santa could just grab a few if he wanted them and we have some skim milk in the fridge too...

She knew that she wouldn't be able to go to Grandma's house if she was sick, so when we asked her this morning how she was feeling she said she felt a lot better. Color had returned to her cheeks and she ripped into her presents (though not quite as enthusiatically as she normally would). The charade continued until her cover was blown.



I guess I should have noticed that she still wasn't feeling well when she didn't mention the fact that we didn't have as many presents under the tree as usual. We'd already had a talk about it earlier this month, so I assumed she was just being polite (unlike son).

I noticed her fever when I went to hug her to thank her for the wonderful calendar that she made for us. BUSTED!!!! When I took her temperature the thermometer read 103.6. No grandma's house for her. If she's not feeling well tomorrow she's going to see the doctor!



The poor thing was so upset that she started to cry. She's got grandma wrapped around her little finger! She was bribed with more presents if she'd stop crying. Grandma even fed her some ice cream and jello as if she were a baby.

She keeps complaining that her stomach hurts and she is afraid she is going to be sick. She hasn't eaten in several days, of COURSE her stomach hurts. Um, she's hungry, right???? Can I convince her of that? NO!

So, while Christmas was nice it sure could have been better.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Poor peanut, hope she feels better!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Poor baby. I hope she gets better soon.

Jan said...

So sorry your little one was sick on Christmas! At least you have your children and family and though it wasn't perfect, you could share this special time with them! I had pneumonia on Christmas Day, when I was young. A few years ago, my daughter and I both were sick with the stomach flu on Christmas! It's hard, when you want the day to be perfect. Is there such a thing as 'perfect'? I hope Peanut is better real soon and she will get to enjoy her Christmas vacation from school! Merry Christmas to you! Jan

Linda said...

Hope that Peanut feels better soon, it's no fun being sick at the best of times, but on Christmas it must be awful.

tina said...

I hope she is feeling better soonest!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Merry Christmas!

I'm so sorry to hear peanut was ill, that's a high fever for a little girl. There's so much illness going around right now, I will pray she gets well :).

Christmas Hugs and Blessings,
Kathi :)

Barbee' said...

That bad ole bug has been getting around in England, U.S., and who knows where else. Poor little thing, her face is red as a cherry. I'm glad you could all be together though. Your tree is real pretty. The cat is cute, too. I always hate to take the pretty trees down.

Unknown said...

Hi all. She's feeling much better thanks! We had a great day together today. She was feeling well enough to have McDonalds for lunch today. I am SO glad! Thanks for your well wishes.

Anonymous said...

I hope she is feeling better now Cinj. It's not fun being sick at Christmas time. Three years ago my entire family had the stomach flu except me. Yuck! :(

Anonymous said...

Okay, she was feeling better all day but took a two hour long nap. She ate fine and the fever dissappeared, but she woke up an hour after going to bed inconsolably whining again.