Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Fraud!!!!

I've been dealing with my enormous bank that I'm still trying to sever ties with. Many of you already know some of the reasons and I won't go into those right now. It's just such a headache to deal with these places. I can't get a straight answer from anyone either which increases my stress levels enormously.

What am I dealing with this time? Apparently my debit card number and information was stolen and used to purchase something in Utah from some Bean place (?). The number they gave the bank rings through to a voice mail whose message box is full. How entirely professional. I called them AFTER I called the bank to report the fraudulent use of my card. The bank has yet to take any action on this matter. My account is STILL negative $134.xx dollars.

I found out on the 23rd when I was notified via automatic email of yet another bounced check. That would be the same day Peanut got sick while I was attempting to make my butter cookieswith too much milk (don't even ask!). Nice.

I know we didn't do it, we drained all accounts at that bank and I'm just waiting for them to process the account closures that I wrote to them about. They should at least notify me of what further actions I need to take since I wrote them a letter, shouldn't they? The card was cut up after I sent the letter closing the accounts and Cheesehead hasn't had a card since we moved here. I closed the account via a letter I sent to the Elk River office the middle of last month right after they stole all of my money without notification or explanation. Now what?

What in the world is hapening to my life anyway? What am I doing wrong? What in the world am I supposed to be doing? Why me? Will this hell on earth EVER end?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cinj I am so sorry. We've had the same thing happen to us except our debit card # was used overseas to buy gas & then an attempt at jewelry. Hopefully they get it all straightened out asap.

Anonymous said...

What did you do? Did you do anything after reporting it to the bank or did you have to do anything else? Should I report it to the police too? ARGH!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

This happened to our neighbor. The charges on her card were overseas as well. She is an employee of the bank that held the card. They took care of it. Your bank should have to take care of yours as well. Good luck and so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Debbi, Cinj. This should be the bank's headache, not yours. What a rotten thing to happen just before Christmas! Try not to let it spoil your holidays.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cinj - so sorry to hear that your card has been fraudulently used - hope your bank sorts this out soon - it is their problem.
K

Anonymous said...

So sorry that this awful thing has happened to you. Hang in there & I agree it's the bank's problem. I could tell you a weird one that happened to me but I won't go into it here.

Anonymous said...

We've had that happen a couple of times. The last one was just a couple of weeks ago. We are pretty sure it was when the waiter at a restaurant took our debit card to run it through. He must have copied the number and sent it through to some big organization doing that sort of thing. The bank will deal with it and so sorry you have to. We know that because it's the only place that new card was used and we always eat at the same places. This guy looked like he would do that sort of thing.