Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

My Turn Now

We made our second trip to the ER this week. This time it was my turn!

The time was 2:56 am. Why can't I ever sleep through the night without having to get up? Grr. I went to do my thing in the bathroom when all of a sudden I lost my vision! Not wanting to wake anyone up or worry them, I decided I'd just go back to bed. We've lived here long enough that I figured it wouldn't be hard to find my way easy enough.

There was one problem with this theory though. My legs didn't cooperate with the plan. I stumbled around and got completely disoriented, knocking into planters, wall sconces, and ended up making all kinds of noise and then finally collapsing on the floor with a tremendous thud.

All of this noise woke Cheesehead up. He asked what all of the commotion was, trying to joke around with me. I answered (not so calmly) "I can't see!". I couldn't even move from the somewhat seated position on the floor. I was SO scared! Cheesehead came running in and flipped on the overhead light. Thankfully my vision returned, but then I felt super sick and steaming hot feverish. I managed to drag myself over by the toilet, just in case. Cheesehead felt my forehead and he told me that I didn't have a fever. I felt clammy and completely icky. I just HAD to go to the hospital right away!

He got out the phonebook and called the hospital, but they refused to give any type of advice over the phone. I didn't want to wake Peanut if I didn't have to! I really was feeling much better and decided to wait it out.

Idly, I wondered what kind of neurological condition I was suffering from. (Apparently I watch too many doctor shows!) I booted up the computer and attempted to search for answers.

This curiosity got me worried all over again. Botulism? Dimensia? Hypoglycemia? Schizophrenia? Oh geez!

Cheesehead called his mom to seek her advice. Poor woman, it really wasn't THAT big of deal. Was it? She thought we should go in right away, so we finally decided better safe than sorry.

We woke Peanut up, the adults got dressed, we all bundled up, and we were off.

Turns out it was nothing serious, just a silly little bladder infection. Well, maybe not so little.

Boy, am I tired. I still need to go to town to pick up my prescription. Man, I wish Cheesehead didn't have to work today!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

13 comments:

Lona said...

You poor thing. It had to be scary. Hope you are feeling better real soon.
Lona

Anonymous said...

Good lord, Cinj! There's nothing silly about an infection that knocks you off your feet and deprives you of sight, even temporarily! Please take your meds and rest up until it's all gone!!!

Jan said...

As I read this I can't help but think there something neurological-related here, Cinj...but I am not in the medical field, thus I have no right to give any advice. I've just never associated 'loss of vision, and inability to move legs' with 'bladder infection'. Hmmm. I really hope it's 'just' a bladder infection (realizing that's no fun, either)--but think you should be sure to mention this to your primary care physician, if you have one--just in case something similar ever happens again. From some experiences, I would want to explore the vision and legs issue: could be neurological & perhaps not an 'emergency', but something to keep in mind. I'm sorry for your horrible experience:-/ I hope the antibiotic takes care of everything! Happy New Year:) Jan

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I'm sure that was scary! I wouldn't mess around with that either. I think I'd want a check-up from my own doctor. Hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

Linda said...

Oh my, your family has certainly been through it all lately. Hoping you are feeling better after your scary episode.

Barbee' said...

Yuk! What a night!! When I was a child, I sneaked and drank a cup of black coffee and I went blind (temporarily), nearly scared me to death. It made me feel sick, too, but I didn't throw up. It was a long, long time (20 years) before I tried coffee again. Your episode is more serious, but you reminded me of that time I went blind. I hope by now you are feeling very much better. Get Well Wishes on the way to you!

Anonymous said...

Geezs, the first thing I thought, a stroke! My m-i-l reacts that way to a bladder infection, some people it just knocks them for a loop!

Gail said...

Dear Cinj,

Do please check with your primary care doc...we all don't want anything serious to be over looked!

Gail

Anonymous said...

Do consult your physician. Bladder infections are nothing to ignore but sounds to me there may be an underlying reason. By no means am I a doctor or even a consultant---I'm just a concerned friend.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Girl, that is scary. I am going to echo everyone else and say see the doctor. If it was all related to a bladder infection, then this one was a doozy and should be followed up on. Take care.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for stopping by and showing such great concern. I was pretty skeptical too (as was Cheesehead AND MIL) but the handout I got from them really seemed to make sense will the symptoms and the order they occured. The ER docs did reccomend that I go in for a follow up visit in two weeks with my primary care doctor.

Sorry, I didn't post this info to worry everyone I know. I thought it might be nice for someone who has all of the same symptoms to find all of the search terms together. Not that I'm saying I'm a medical expert or anything, just sharing information that I was given so the sufferer can make an informed decision.

tina said...

What a scare! Hope you are feeling better soonest.

Anonymous said...

omg, Cinj. That is not how this year was supposed to start out for you! SO scary. I can't imagine. I hope the symptoms don't return. Take care.