Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

School At Home

School was cancelled again today due to the extreme cold again.

To combat the craziness of the kids that I had to put up with yesterday, I made the executive decision to run school at home. We ran the whole school day with games, movies, and reading; it was pretty fun. I didn't get anything on Cheesehead's "honey do" list today, but I had such a headache after an unstructured day with the kids cooped up in the house I put all housework and home improvement projects on hold. Hopefully it'll warm up tomorrow so the kids can get out of the house.

These are the subjects that we covered today.

Math- Rummikub and Yahtzee
Critical Thinking- Clue
Problem Solving- Jenga
Social Studies and Reading- Trivial Pursuit Young Players Edition
History- Titanic
Art- Pictionary Jr.
PE- Wii (golf, baseball, tennis, bowling)
Spelling- Scrabble

Our "school day" was so crammed that there were a few subjects that we didn't get the chance to get to
Music- Encore (although we did play with Peanut's musical instruments)
Writing- Balderdash (but Peanut wrote a play to go with some construction paper things she made)

MIL said she wouldn't want to go to my school though, it was still in session at 6:30 at night. I guess that makes me a slave driver, huh? LOL!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha too funny! We were -24 and the bus had gelling fuel, ya think we got called off?!! No, my 16 (almost) had frost on his freshly shampooed hair. Oh, but they did call from the primary school, eghhh (loud buzz) TOO LATE!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Sounds like a fun day at your house(-: I always loved days off from school!!(-: Still warm here. I am wondering when winter will start(-:

garden girl said...

Sounds like a fun and action-packed day Cinj!

Anonymous said...

I remember those snow days Cinj, keeping the kids occupied can be challenging at best! :) Looks like they had a fun day.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

How very creative of you. Your kids are very lucky. Hopefully, it will warm up enough soon so they can return to their regular classrooms.

Lona said...

LOL, I had to laugh remembering the feelings when my children were small and were cooped up in the house on snow days. We love them so but outside better :)
I have a tag for you on my blog. Since some do not go into the tagging fad it is naturally up to you if you want to participate. Thanks, Lona

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Good for you! That sounds fun, less-crazy-making, and gives them some educational practice! Grand idea!