Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Excuse my Stupidity but...

Having grown up in different cities, well towns really, all of my life I just don't seem to know a whole heck of a lot about country living. Add to that the years of apartment living and my exposure to all of these wonderful natural elements are basically nil! I have been battling with my depression since we moved here, so this is the first I am noticing a whole lot of things. I am amazed at all of these new and different things even though this is our third summer in this house.

For example yesterday... Here we are building our shed (what else would a person do on a day off together?) when I notice these things growing in low bushes all around the shed.



What are they? I have no idea. I asked Cheesehead. He is clueless as well since he has been a town kid all of his life too. I just had to take a picture and ask my cyber buds. I'm sure someone out there is less clueless than us!

I reached out and felt it. That bristly looking surface is really a soft fuzz. I could have run my fingers over it all day, it was really a neat sensation to touch. As you can see the leaves are serrated. The bushes are between 3 and 4 feet tall on average I would guess. They grew in groups of two mostly. Of course I tooka picture of one with a blemish, silly me! Most of them are solid green. If I was forced to choose something to name it I would say it's some sort of nut, although I could be completely off base here. When I squeezed the bulbous portion it was very hard inside, almost like an acorn feeling thing.

Anyone willing to help a poor clueless town girl out here?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment